Friday, August 6, 2010

Old International


"Old International"
Pastel pencil and Nupastel on black sanded paper
9.75" X 8.5"


I fell in love with a junk yard last weekend at the 2nd annual "Brush With the Highlands" Plein-Air Art Festival in Wilberforce, Ontario. There were lots of amazing spots to paint but I spent hours at the old farm/junk yard location. Here is my rendition of an old International dump truck rusting in the yard. I took hundreds of photos too, some of which I'll post on my photography blog.

The festival was attended by some amazing artists such as David Sharpe (http://www.davidsharpepaintings.com/) whoo was last year's juror's choice and Patricia Savoie and Charles Spratt and many others.
Now, here is where the hard core plein-air painters probably thought I was a bit of a whacko. I took rubbings off lots of walls and old rusty parts with the intention of combining them in some other mixed media work but some of them are little works of art in themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment