Sunday, March 16, 2008

Inkblots

I did a few inkblots before I had one I wanted to do something with. When I tried different colours in acrylics, everything looked like a butterfly. The black ink ones were so black it was hard to draw anything on them. I came to the conclusion that watercolours were the best thing to use (good thing I have an addiction to art materials, eh!). Anyway here are a few of mine:

Original Inkblot #1...every time I look at this one, I see new things. Some of the paint dried before I folded it over so it didn't come out exactly the same on both sides.
Here is what I found sketched in in pencil.
Original Inkblot #2:




8 comments:

  1. these are INCREDIBLE! The inkblots are quite complex, yet you are able to see so many different forms with such great detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspire Me Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Eye! I saw some of them but you saw way more! GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your eye really sees a lot! The inkblots seemed kind of indistinct, but you found all kinds of cool imagery in them!

    carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost like seeing constellations in the sky.... These really are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are awesome! Smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Beautiful !! The way you looked at your inkblots is amazing and the creatures you made of it are so delicate !

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I love to see the before and after. I wish I would have done that with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent interpretation -- I could see these "forms" and you've completed these beautifully!

    ReplyDelete